should a kitty cat slep close to my 6mth baby

everytime when my baby sleeps and the kitty cat sleeps by her side and the cat bothers her by clawing on her blanket just licking her head what can i do to prevent the cat cat sleeping by her she on the floor sleeping the kitty sleeping next to her in the living room so what should i do

mama2010B

Asked by mama2010B at 1:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put the cat in another room...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Keep that cat away from that baby.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:24 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• thanks i do kept away and hit it but kepts coming back it never learns
    mama2010B

Comment by mama2010B (original poster) at 1:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• OMG LoL that cat wont hurt that baby,my cat used to do the same thing never once did he hurt my baby alot of people see it different but they wont hurt a baby
    Baileysmommie12

Answer by Baileysmommie12 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Cats are very dangerous to babies they can cause suffocation! Due to the factor that they smell the milk on the baby's breath and try to get into there face and lick at there mouth etc.... As for the cat factor of life put the cat in another room or maybe get a cat carrier to keep the cat in while the child sleeps on the floor.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yea all it does sleeps by her never lick her mouth only when she drinking her bottle ye i did the kitty cat in the room
    mama2010B

Comment by mama2010B (original poster) at 1:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No! The cat may not intentionally hurt the baby, but could suffocate her or pass along illnesses. And I hope you are not letting her SLEEP with a blanket either. Read up on SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.) Blankets are a no-no.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• And HITTING your cat doesn't seem to be the way to go either, especially if it keeps coming back. Try closing the door.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• NO NO NO....When my nephew was born (6 yrs ago) we had a very gentle and sweet cat in the home.... I walked into his room because I heard weird gasps on his baby monitor and what I saw was my cats whole head in his mouth...she was literally taking his breath away, I heard its normal for cats to do that, so I wouldn't risk it.
    xtatianax

Answer by xtatianax at 7:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Our cat will sleep rightnext to my baby when he is in our bed. It's harmless, for nothing bad has ever come of it. I am right there too. It's cute. In the CRIB-NOOOOO.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2010