Were you abused?

I have suffered physcological,emotional and verbal abuse, have you?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 12:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• my mom was very stricked if I did anything bad she would get a belt and beat me and if I cried she would throw cold water in my face in was horrible but I still love my mom but I would never do what she did to me to my kids it made me feel like she didnt love me and i she look at it today
    Anonymous

• Yes.. I was with a guy for over 2 years.. From 16-18. He was the same age as me. Lost my virginity to him and everything. I never knew why women stayed with abusive men. And can't honestly say why I stayed with him for so long, considering I was such "trash" to him.
    BaysMom26

Answer by BaysMom26 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My dad was verbally abusive to all of us and my mom when we were kids. He's mellowed out a lot as a grandparent, though. We also got our butts smacked with the belt, but that never bothered me because it was always well deserved. I hated watching him yell at my mom more than anything, though, and would beg her to leave him.
    Anonymous

• I looked up Pyscological abuse it's name calling,being critical,judgemental,put downs,mean,cruel.When people do this they are trying to control you.Both my parents were like this to me.My mom learned it from her mom and my father was harsh unsupportive to me.I am now treating my husband and sometimes my child this way.I'm trying to control them.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 12:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My dad was always verbally abusive to us too and my mom. He still is. I live far from them now so when I go there I get annoyed when he is mean to my mom. I was also sexually abused by an uncle as a child and I grew up thinking that is how you get attention. I ended up in an emotionally abusive relationship for 7 years and finally ended it when he got another girl pregnant. I have also been emotionally abused by my older sister and still do. She has always hated me...don't know why but loves to make me feel like I'm a horrible person. I just had my baby a month ago and went through the baby blues and she find it a way to make me cry and feel worse by taking advantage of my vulnerability. She made my other sister hate me as well by creating drama between us and ever since the baby has been born, they never came to see him. She was enjoying the fact that I am far from family and was feeling all alone.
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• my dad abused me my whole childhood and he still does that is never going to change...he has verbally abused me, emotionally abused me, and physically abused me, so I kno wat u are going through...
    SkiDefjess

Answer by SkiDefjess at 12:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Hurt people --hurt people.My mother was hurt how her mother treated her and now she passed it down to me.My father was hurt because he grew up during the depression and he was very poor.This caused him to be very tight with his money and he was very stingy with buying us kids anything.My parents would fight about this all the time and he also couldn't handle the stresses and responsibilities of parenting which gave me the impression he didn't love me.My father never said he loved me but in actions like fixing my bike or something he proved he did.He didn't learn love from his father,his father wasn't there for him emotionally,no hugs or saying I love you's or any kind of encouragement or support.Since studying my family tree,I understand noww why my parents acted the way they did.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I was sexually abused. By my father. And oh yeahh.. my mom's little brother. He did it first, and I told. I guess that's how my father decided to do it to me.
    Anonymous

• I was abused by my father. He beat me, my mom, and my brother. My brother is now mentally handi-capped b/c my father beat him so bad when he was only 13 months old. He almost killed him. He tried to kill my mother when she was pregnant with me. He raped my mom, and thats hw she got pregnant with me. He use to kick me and hit me in the face with tree limbs. He was on cocaine really bad. He killed himself when I was eight, and I'm still having a hard time dealing with it. However, there is one good thing that came from it. He was also an alcoholic, as is my WHOLE family, si I learned that I'm very ussceptible to becoming an alcoholic. I have to be EXTRA careful with it.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• SOI learned that I'm very SUSCEPTIBLE to becoming an alcoholic.

Sorry! I'm not sure if susceptible is spelled right!

renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2008