Did you enjoy your labor and delivery? adult content

I did and am just wondering if i am the only one lol... people say i am crazy.

I loved, literally, every second of my labor, delivery and recovery. I was induced with pitocin a week before my sons due date... labored for 10 hours, pushed for 3 hours. I had an epidural but it only affected my left side and it wore completely off before it was time to push. I still enjoyed it!

BraythansMom

Asked by BraythansMom at 1:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had an induction last time. It was the best delivery ever! I have wonderful memories of it. I did enjoy it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Mine was awesome! Went ino labor at 5:30 and daughter was born at 7:42. She would have been there sooner but I had to wait 30 mintutes to push because the doctor wasn't there yet. Hahaha! Very fast!
    sandrizzle

Answer by sandrizzle at 1:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I didn't, but that had a lot to do with my (very poor) medical providers. I was tossed around from doctor to doctor during my pregnancy and never felt any sense of stability, and then I showed up to the hospital in labor only to find out I'd have yet another doctor I'd never met. The doctor was completely absent during my labor - I saw him maybe twice in 14+ hours - and acted irritated when he realized my daughter was irrevocably stuck and they'd have to get her out via c-section. It was really dreadful from beginning to end. :( My second was a planned c-section, but the doctor/nurses I had (at a different hospital, of course!) were so phenomenal that I wished they had been present for my first delivery.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No :( but it's very possible given the right attitude and support. My birth place, people, setting, position, and general plan were all wrong from what I wanted and I was very upset. Birth is only so dreaded and far from enjoyed cause of scare tactics and treating it like somethig it isn't. I wish I had a midwife help menhe first time :( but I have another chance at a pleasant birth in April.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I loved it. It was the best part of being pregnant. It was my last day of being pregnant and my first day of being a mom. All the attention is on your for a little while and then you have this beautiful baby everyone is gushing about. I loved delivering my kids.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 1:47 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I did not enjoy my lober with my daughter just because she had me in labor 37 hours and 21 mintues and i had no pain meds for 24 of those hours and finally after then i got a shot and it lasted two hours. today shes five and i let her know about that. My son yes I enjoyed it cause i had no pain and due to a issue i was put in i had them take him so that he could be healthy and strong.
    MissMandy25

Answer by MissMandy25 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yes,but it was really hard for me to stay away for that long period from my man after delivery i.e for postpartum recovery
    A11

Answer by A11 at 3:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had my first child through c-section and will have my second one on Monday....So I dont really know what labor is like.... Although I feel like I would enjoy it better then a c-section... I dont even get to see my baby for atleast an hour after she is born because they keep me in recovery... So I feel like it would be alot nicer to be able to hold my child right after she is born instead of being in massive pain and in a recovery room waiting and wondering where she is and what she looks like!
    xtatianax

Answer by xtatianax at 7:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes, actually, I really enjoyed labour and delivery with my three kids! It was painful, but really empowering and I felt like I could do ANYTHING after that! I didn't enjoy postpartum recovery though... with my son I had a fractured tailbone and a lot of stitches because he was not positioned very well at the birth.... with my first daughter I actually felt okay postpartum, and then with my second daughter I tried to do too much too soon and ended up separating the muscles in my abs, which was super-painful and took a LONG time to fully heal. I would much rather do labour than recovery!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i did after the the pain releif
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:43 AM on Oct. 13, 2010