You find out company is coming you have 15 minutes what room or thing do you clean?

I am anal retentive about my bathroom, i once read in a magazine that you can tell how clean a person's house is by the bottom of there toilet. Oh how true that is! So what do you gals think?

Bluesdawg02

Asked by Bluesdawg02 at 1:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would hit the bathroom only if my kitchen was already clean. I think dirty dishes in the sink would be worse, especially since you can see the kitchen from anywhere downstairs.
    kathy5980

Answer by kathy5980 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would have to say our living room. It looks like a twister went through it every day until the kids go t bed and i really get a chance to clean it.
    sandrizzle

Answer by sandrizzle at 1:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• First thing I do is light a couple of candles and brew a pot of coffee! I'm a smeller by nature, and the smell is the first thing I notice about someone's house. Then I run through the living room picking up toys and throwing away random coloring pages, etc, and if I have time I spritz a little something in the bathroom and wipe down the toilet really fast!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well.. it isn't just one room -- its more like one of us says someone is coming in 15 minutes.. and both me n the dh are picking up the kitchen, living room and bathroom... to make sure but he usually goes between the bathroom and the living room -- i go straight to the kitchen. I don't want dirty dishes in the sink
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 1:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have actually learned how to do a lot in 15 mintues. I would first straighten the livingroom and then pick up bathroom.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 1:39 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• well in my house the first place you enter is the living room so I would have to clean that. And the 1/2 bath is right off of the living room by the front door so that would need to be cleaned. The kitchen is not open to the living room so I would only have to straighten up a bit. Light some candles, vacuum and spray some febreeze on the couch.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 1:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Pick up all the stuff in the LR, make sure bathroom is clean, put dishes in dishwasher, wipe off counters, spray air freshener, make some ice tea and enjoy your company.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• This is why I believe that every house should have a Fibber McGee room (like the closet in Fibber McGee's house.) When you find out company's coming, you throw everything into that room and shut the door!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I always go for the living room and the bathroom, the kitchen I can clean once they get there
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We shove everything into drawers and I yell, remember....we are going or the ILLUSION of clean lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2010