Any information on Bipolar disorder please

I would appreciate any information on bipolar. My husband has been told he has it and needs to go on medication. I would like to know any helpful information on medication, treatment, support. Iam trying to read as much on it because I have never dealt with it and just want to learn as much as I can to help him through this. He has let it go for years and is going to get the help he needs now. I know he is not himself and it is getting the best of him. I just want to support him the best I can to help him get his life back on track. Medication pros and cons would be real helpful. Thanks in advance for all the helpful advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• dbsalliance.org
    Depression Bi polar Support Alliance. It's a great resource. They also can direct you husband to support group. I've found them very helpful. Also

nami.org
    National Alliance on the Mentally Ill. Great support and info for friends and family of people with disorders. You both will find info on both sites to help you.

kimsardo

Answer by kimsardo at 2:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2010