how do you know your breast are back to normal after breastfeeding? adult content

so how do you know i know you have put ice pack on your boobies but how you the milk is gone because i think my boobs are soft still or how long you have set the ice pack on your chest or how many days isn't utill thier firm or what

mama2010B

Asked by mama2010B at 2:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You shouldn't need ice packs, or anything. If you're in pain, or getting engorged, you weaned too quickly.

When we were done nursing, nothing happened. I still had milk, but I never got engorged because he weaned so slowly. The milk turned to a colostrum like liquid a few weeks later and then disappeared about 10 weeks into my second pregnancy. Without pregnancy, you can continue producing milk for years.

LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i did not know that so when i wasnt prego i still made milk already
    mama2010B

Comment by mama2010B (original poster) at 3:06 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No, once you have been lactating you can continue to produce for quite a while unless there is a hormonal change (such as pregnancy) that stops it. Most stop within a year or so... but some women will produce small amounts for many years. Everyone is different.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• If they're soft, it means they're not engorged and there is no more milk. You can probably stop using the ice pack (which you shouldn't have been using in the first place, I hear it's bad for your milk ducts).
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 8:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My boobs have never been "back to normal" Hahaha!!
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 11:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2010