You know it was God

Something that happened that you know was more than a coincidence. You could see the hand of God in it. For me, it was saving my life. I was told I was dying and there was nothing more that could be done for me. My husband was told to take me home and keep me comfortable. That was two years ago!

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• jujubean,
    I know what you mean. I really do. Had the brakes on the semi failed we would be dead. I don't know why we were spared that day. My oldest son drowned the day before he would have turned two. Despite all the prayers sent up by me and everyone else, he died. God is no respecter of persons. He does not save one and neglect another. Choice is a big factor in our lives. Sometimes a choice--ours or someone else's --leads to death. I am still a big believer in prayer --prayer changes things, I've seen it happen. But I've also seen the answer be "no." It's taken me a long time not to be upset when I heard stories of people who were saved for whatever reason. I don't completely understand still. But I trust God. I'm very sorry you lost your daughter, JuJubean. It's never easy losing a child no matter how it happens or what age they are. For me it's been 17 years and my heart still aches.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:36 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My daughter was nearly killed as an infant and statistically speaking should have had severe lasting disabilities if surviving or at minimum some disabilities; she healed completely with no disabilities. I was very sick and bedridden for a few weeks with mono in a body already weakened from ulcers, etc. One day I finally was able to get out of the house and go a few blocks up the street to eat out; the apartment above mine caught fire and destroyed that whole part of the building while I was gone. At one of the worst times in my life when I was at the end of my rope and couldn't go on living the way things were I cried out for help and was answered in a huge way. During a decision making process I asked for understanding and was given clear answers, including another response many years later letting me know even more - too personal to get into but a beautiful ending in both these last two. Many, many more examples.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Was it god also that is letting my best friend's daughter suffer a horrible death? I am sorry but I am a bit sour about that subject. You were saved and I find it awesome but I do not see how god has anything to do with that. Why were you saved and not this little girl? You see my point?
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We had a car accident when we had first gotten married. We were in a nissan stanza (small car) and we had pulled over on the side of the road and needed to do a U-turn. DH looked back over his shoulder and in the rearview mirror as did I and saw nothing. However just as we pulled the front end of the car into the road, a big black truck came out of nowhere and ran right over the front end of the car. OUR CAR NEVER MOVED. not an inch. I don't know how he went right over the front end without moving us an inch. If we had moved, DH side of the car would have been slammed into the truck. It totaled our car, but even the people who showed up on the scene couldn't believe our car wasnt in worse condition, and hadn't moved. truck ended up on the other side of the road, with a broken front axle and pretty torn up too. Turns out he was speeding, but he was like the son of the sheriff or something :( But I feel God held our car still!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• or your own willpower to live and your body's ability to fight what was wrong with it and the mental effect of being comfortable in your home surrounded by loved ones. Some things are very explainable.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well, in my experience, god HAS always played favorites. Some have everything they need and some have nothing. Otherwise, Abel would have lived a nice long life, Joseph wouldn't have been sold into slavery, and Donald Trump would be serving drinks in some cheesy dive somewhere, instead of gloating in his penthouse. Every church has those who have the money, wear the new outfits every Easter, and berate others for not being able to pay their tithes. Definitely, god DOES play favorites. Life isn't fair, there is NO divine intervention ANYWHERE, coincidences happen every single day, and people are easily deluded.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• amen, that is God.. Praise GOD!
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 3:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My husband was in a car accident at about 10pm in '06. He was supposed to pick me up from work in an hour and was on his way to get me. He didn't show up and he wasn't answering his phone. My manager drove me home but I knew something was wrong. I knew that he was on the side of the road some where hurt but I didn't know where. So, at 2am when I just couldn't stay awake any longer I asked God to protect him, keep him safe, and let him be found soon. He was found, thought to be dead, at 3am. He's a smoker so he always drove with the windows down. He was found with the windows rolled up, doors locked, and keys missing. The worst of his injuries was a broken leg and cut on his head. Everyone thought that someone found him and left him for dead. I believe that Angels did those things to his car to keep him safe from the elements and they helped him get found because no one called and he was in a green car in the dark woods.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 7:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Not enough room here to post it....but I have had several God experiences that are amazing...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Little things in life that did not happen the way I wanted them to go, turned out to always be the right answer and way at the end. I really believe in that things happen for a reason it changes things until the ultimate is achieved, for example....meeting my husband might not have been the answer for me and a big change but the child that came out of this marriage might have a big impact in life, or his children etc.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 7:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010