Online schooling

Help! My 7th grader is absolutely miserable in her public middle school (I have two other middle schoolers in the same school and they do fairly well but all kids are different). She is bullied, her grades keep slipping, she cries constantly, begs to be moved to another school and has generally given up this year so far. I'm considering online/virtual school for her. If anyone can be of any help... Online schools we can check out, etc. I don't even know where to begin. Thank you so much.

thedesignergirl

Asked by thedesignergirl at 3:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Connectionsacademy.com
    Mine is in second grade, second year but we really love it. In my CA group all the other moms have kids the age of yours and they have great things to say.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You might have a discussion with her guidance counselor and try and find out whats causing her to feel this way. It could be one person bullying her and if it stops maybe she'll be ok. I wouldnt necessarily pull her out till I got down to the bottom of the problem. But if you do home school I think thats fine as long as you keep her socially involved with other children. Home Schooled kids are generally smarter than public schooled children. Another school might not be an answer because she could have the same problem there.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Virtual academy is what we tried with our older daughter, but I think it's too late now. Our PS superindent refused the transfer so now we just homeschool and I'm really glad that's the road we are on.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Homeschooling is a great option. Try K12Online.

Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2010