A little worried...need advice! NO BASHING! adult content

i'm a little concerned, my period normally comes any time between the beginning and the middle of the month, this would be my 3rd period since DS was born in march. but so far no period. i'm not on birth control, but we do use condoms when we have sex, which is hardly ever because it's still not very comfortable for me, i had stitches and sex has frankly never been the same. dh and i have talked about having a 3rd baby, probably when DS (6months) was a couple years old. definately not so soon. i mean i'm just beginning to get to "know" DS and i'm afraid of losing the bonding time while he's so young. my 2 kids are 4.5 years apart. i know it's not quite the middle of the month yet, my periods are always sporratic, but i am just worried. i'm not sure if i could handle another baby right now. i want all my attention on the 2 i have right now. abortion is a no. advice? periods tend to be off after a birth, but for how long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• My girls were born a year and 2 weeks apart. They weren't LESS than a year apart ONLY because I went very overdue with #2 (this was back when docs let you go over due until the baby was in distress!)

First..find out if you are pregnant! I didn't have a period for almost 3 months after my 2nd and 3rd babies, but you will drive your self crazy with worry until you find out for sure!

If you are indeed pregnant again, you are very likely to love the new baby, however soon he/she arrives :) And I do have advise for parents of very close siblings. Social Services CAN BE valuable!

Yes I said that! I had three children in 3 & 1/2 years. I went to social services on my own to ask for help because I wasnt coping well. They got me into free classes, helped me with counceling, and helped me find reliable and safe respite care. I even got help cleaning my house once in a while!

So don't fret too much yet. One step at a time :)
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 6:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Mine were nowhere near normal for about 4 or 5 months after Peanut was born. But if it were me I would take a test just to make sure.
    PNutsMomma

Answer by PNutsMomma at 3:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It's your 3rd period since MARCH? I don't know. Mine have been normal after all my 4 kids. I mean, when I did finally get my cycle, it came monthly until I got pregnant again. I do know that some women have really sporadic periods post-birth though. I guess if yours are really random right now anyway, I probably wouldn't worry about it.

Wait....okay, I reread. Are you saying that you had a period, like.....July, August, and September? And now THIS month you're late. In that case, I'd take a test. And if you ARE pregnant, don't worry. Our first two children were 14 months apart and they are best friends now! :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 5:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i had to get on a medication,, after i had my last , so yes they can just be alittle out of whack
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I always went on birth control right after my kids were born so they were always regular.  This time I got my tubes tied but my period has been dead on coming every 4 weeks since then.

My older 3 kids are all close in age.  My oldest was 6 months when I got pregnant the 2nd time and he was 4 months when I got pregnant the 3rd time (I really suck at taking birth control).  They are 15 months and 13 months apart and it was a lot of fun.  They are 10, 9 and turning 8 and do everything together.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010