Acne, zits, pimples... whatever you call em'... how do YOU get rid of them?

Sometimes I go through these spurts where my face breaks out like its a war zone... Maybe its all this stress... who knows! Anyways, what is your "simple solution" to get rid of the little or big... buggers?

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• toothpaste
    MamaMelMel

Answer by MamaMelMel at 4:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Baking soda mixed with a little water, smear it on your face until it starts to harden slightly, then rinse off. Use a light moisturizer after the fact, and voila! I like the results I've gotten that way, anyway. :) It's not good enough for my poor DH though, he has horrible adult acne that just won't quit. :(
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I heard on the Doctor's that in fact Baking Soda does help! I use Noxema too for a deep down clean!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 4:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Ok, basics first....
    Keep hair OUT of the face! Keep hands OFF the face! Cliche but true!

Use a good facial soap and maybe a light facial lotion (MEANT for the face...its lighter and less oily than hand lotion).

Be careful, acne cleansers, poor reducers, and scrubs tend to have the side effect of seriously drying the skin, creating OTHER problems!

Try to avoid benzoil peroxide, believe it or not.
    It tends to be very harsh on the skin, and you would not believe how many people are allergic to it! If the acne is really bad and out of control for a long time, a doctor can prescribe creams and such. BUT, if they say be careful because it can burn the skin off, BELIEVE THEM! (We found that out with our oldest daughter when we THOUGHT we were being careful!)

Neutrogena is wonderful too. Its a very old and trusted brand. I love the glycerine bar :)
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 5:15 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had acne issues for years. I never broke out REALLY bad, but I almost always had at least one or two bumps. When I turned 20, I decided to start using anti-aging things and I found a Neutragena face wash that anti-blemish, anti-aging and I LOVE it! It doesn't really prevent bumps, but it makes them go away soooo much faster than other things I've used, without seriously drying out my skin. I still use a good moisturizer, though, just to make sure it doesn't get dry. I also use a scrub on my face once or twice a week, and that seems to help a lot, too. Toothpaste and baking soda help a lot for spot treatment, from my experience. That clay mask thing that Proactive makes seemed to work well as a spot treatment, if I remember correctly. That's the only thing from Proactive I could use. Everything else made me break out worse and dried out my skin. It was bad.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Try taking a vitamin A supplement daily to keep outbreaks at bay. It has worked wonders for my teens.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I use Jordan Essentials Gentle cleansing glycerin face bar, followed by the shea body buttter (heals the skin with no scarring or redness). For spot treatment of stubborn ones, silt clay mask.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I use the 3 step system from Clinique, level 4, for oily to combination oily skin. There is a liquid wash, then an astringent and then the gel face moisturizer. It is a bit pricey, but I have dealt with acne since my teens and this is the only thing I have found that helps.
    tonbookluvr

Answer by tonbookluvr at 9:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• exfoliate
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 11:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• ALWAYS WASH YOUR MAKEUP OFF, WASH MORNING & NIGHT, USE TONER & TOOTHPASTE ON ZITS HELP
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2010