How do I find a specific type of forum?

I dont want to join every single group until I find the one Im looking for. How can I tell if a group is what Im looking for if I cant read the posts?
Im looking for very specific forums and help. Titles dont give me a good enough picture of a forums real topic or direction of discussion.

grammamamma

Asked by grammamamma at 4:36 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in About CafeMom

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Check out our CafeMom groups. They are all public so you can see what's happening without joining first. I have a bunch of good one listed on my profile page. Feel free to join in and make yourself at home with us:)
    Cafe Robin

Answer by Cafe Robin at 5:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• In  I'm New Here @ CM We offer group reviews for exactly that reason. Robin has offered great advice. I would suggest doing a search for your topic and looking at the groups. The better groups these days are offering public forums so that potential members can see what they are getting into upfront. Of course with adult content subjects that isn't the case since they 18+ and must be private for that reason. If you want message me. We'll if we can find you what you are looking for. Welcome to the site! =D

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• If you can't find a specific group that handles that with the search function, post some questions in general parenting and the age group. Chances are if someone has an active group that addresses it, someone will let you know in the answers or a pm. Make sure your questions are more about the advice than about looking for a group - some people are recategorize happy and will try having it moved to About Cafemom just so they can get the points, but less people who can help you will see it that way.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:47 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• LOL Sorry, I am a tired gramma tonight :-D

What Im looking for is a foster parent group...kinship foster parent if possible... who can help me with an extreme behavioral problem with our 3 yr old grand daughter.

She screams (no words)....at everything...for everything....because thats how she got away with EVERYTHING in her mothers home! She knows NO other way :(

We have watched videos, listened to CD's (we love the "Love and Logic" series), and implimented sugestions by the girls case worker and foster care coordinator.

We need help from someone who is going to pay attention to what we are saying, seriously, without parrotting back everything they learned from core training.....we need NEW ideas and help :(

I do have to say though...Im getting a kick out of this site now too :)
    I think I'll stay! ;)
    grammamamma

Comment by grammamamma (original poster) at 6:47 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I suggest visiting CafeMom's Toddlers & Preschoolers group. It's a pretty active group and they'll share advice and their experiences.

They're a lot of fun, too:)

Here's a link: http://www.cafemom.com/group/preschool

Good luck - 3 yr old can be tough but, so cute and sweet, too!

Cafe Robin

Answer by Cafe Robin at 10:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Go to your Groups Tab and click Find Groups. Most groups have at least forum open to non-members so you should be able to preview the group before joining it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• What they said! You just have to click around and ask people.

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Thank you everyone :) I am getting the hang of this and have gotten some great sugestions about how to handle the screamer :)

How do I close a topic?? LOL
    grammamamma

Comment by grammamamma (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You need to select a best answer Smilie in order to close your question.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010