when does a aby start to crawl ?

lOViNMOM2211

Asked by lOViNMOM2211 at 5:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Once again every child is different but I think most of them start anywhere from 6-8 months...My nephew started at 3 and a half months!! my daughter didnt until about 5 months. Hope that helped!
    xtatianax

Answer by xtatianax at 7:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Every baby is different. I have 3 children. My first one didn't crawl at all, she scooted on her butt. My second crawled at 9 months. My son who is 15 months is not even walking yet. He does not crawl..he scoots and he started to do that at 12 months. He is pulling himself up and walking around things. If your concerned about your child development your school district has Physical Therapist that will work with you and your baby.
    AmandaSimmons

Answer by AmandaSimmons at 8:53 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• The range of normal is 5 to 18 months with 9 months being the average. Some kiddos never crawl and go straight to walking, and thats normal too :) My son was 5 months and i have friends whos kiddos didnt crawl till after a year. All normal :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• thank you for the help.
    lOViNMOM2211

Comment by lOViNMOM2211 (original poster) at 3:34 AM on Oct. 14, 2010