pumpkin decorating contest

my sons school is having a pumpkin decorating contest..the rules are no carvings. i have a couple of ideas but i'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas i could use..or crafts that would work good with the pumpkin?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• We are doing the same kind of thing with our Girl Scout troop, except they can carve them as well. I have thought of doing a scarecrow with a real hat, straw or raffia hair, the face painted on and a fake crow perched next to him. Another thought was to get one of the greenish pumpkins and wrap it in cheese cloth strips for a mummy. My thought was to carve out the eyes so they would glow, but you could also hot glue on a couple of the flat glass marbles or for a goofy mummy large wiggle eyes. Another fun idea would be the purple people eater - paint your pumpkin purple with a large cartroony eye and a big toothy grin. Use fun foam to cut out wings (make two sets and glue them together with skewers between them to insert into the sides of the pumpkin). For the horn I would look at the Halloween supplies, I'm sure you could find one there.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• thanks, i love the scarecrow idea. i was thinking a turkey..but a scarecrow is really cute
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We do a turkey pumpkin each year for Thanksgiving, using suckers for his tail feathers, it's really cute. Another idea if you could get a pumpkin shaped right would be to pull out the Mr. Potato Head pieces and make a Mr. Pumpkin Head.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• really..i was stuck on what to use for a gobbler? lol
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Or you could make it into Frankenstein!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Use a pumpkin with one of the big stems.... Turn it on it's side,paint it all green, use the stem for a long crooked nose & add a "wart" maybe, use some black yarn to make long hair, make a cute or goofy face, add a Pointy hat on it's head, and you have a WITCHY Pumpkin!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 2:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• make a fairy to really be different. have her decorating the pumpkin
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The only thing I can think of is paint...
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2010