how to stop biting

nicmak99

Asked by nicmak99 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i bit my son back once... to the point he knew it hurt and hasnt actually bit me since... he'll try to bit me fingers everynow and then but doesnt actually do it... becareful on how hard to bite back not to hurt ur lil one
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 1:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I tried biting my daughter back, it didn't work, she laughed at me. Obviously, I wasn't doing it hard enough, but I couldn't bring myself to hurt her. One day, she was playing with her friend, a month older than her, and she bit him, leaving teeth marks, on his arm. I walked up behind her and smacked her on the mouth, not very hard, but I really surprised her. She got upset, but she hasn't bit anyone since. I don't normally hit my kids, but my son was bitten by a child I didn't trust, we went to the extreme of having him, my son, blood tested, b/c the kid that bit him drew blood. I don't take any chances nowadays, especially with blood contact and I don't want my daughter biting another child and getting blood in her mouth, ewwwww!
    jennw0021

Answer by jennw0021 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i bit my son back... he didnt like it very much and has stopped... but that doesnt work for all kids... for my sister in law nothing worked untill grandmpa took out his teeth and said this is what happens to kids that bite... lol
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2008