Has anyone done a country theme to their wedding??

I am engaged and I have not yet set a date for the wed. so that still gives me time to think on how I want things. I would like it to be small and a country themed wedding. I have a few ideas but I want to hear yours. What theme did you have ?? (btw, I dont plan to splurge on the wedding)

dha8718

Asked by dha8718 at 8:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• our wedding didnt really have much of a theme..but it was in the country. A beautiful cabin by a river. We got married outdoors by the outside fireplace under the gazeebo. it was very country. It was the day before easter so i did give the kids easter pales and had jelly beans and taffy and cute little rabbits sitting out.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• http://blog.cmt.com/2009-03-09/tamzen-and-kevins-redneck-wedding/

I didn't, but, for laughs...this girl from my hometown has Country as her theme. LOL

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• @braden, what is so funny about it? I tried checking her wedding out but could not access the website.
    dha8718

Comment by dha8718 (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• a country wedding sounds fun..straw hats? overalls? pigs? all other barnyard animals? I'm not making fun of you! i just want to know your plans
    beckybuck

Answer by beckybuck at 9:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My Big Redneck Wedding Tamzen and KevinAnd people came barefoot and in overalls with straps hanging...

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:53 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It was on "My Big Redneck Wedding" on CMT.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No, not hillbilly country, a normal country theme. Its going to be small just close family and friends. I was thinking more of a horse shoe with rope center pieces casual look.no overalls! No straw hats!
    dha8718

Comment by dha8718 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I know..that's why I said just for laughs...I knew it wasn't anywhere close to what you wanted.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• @braden, wow! I'm not that hillbilly or a hillbilly at all! Im only doing this because my fiancĂ©e is country and we both like country theme. But it wont be a laughing stock of a wedding that is for sure! Not confederate flags. I am Mexican and he is half mexican. my plan is no where near that theme and it will be cute.
    dha8718

Comment by dha8718 (original poster) at 10:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i just added some of my wedding pics to an album in my profile if you want to look..under wedding.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2010