Do you ever feel like you just want to go away by yourself at least for a few days?

If you did get away from it all , where did you go and how did you feel afterwards?

Nadiajade

Asked by Nadiajade at 8:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I rent a nice hotel room nearby for a couple of days, take walks, read, and watch movies....or I stay at a local monastary for a couple of days and do the same minus the movies (they don't have t.v. or wifi)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• That sounds great! I have never done it, but I think that sounds lovely a couple days alone in a hotel with room service and sleep.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I went to visit my mom BY MYSELF in North Carolina for a week. The first few days I missed the children horribly, but after that, I relaxed and enjoyed time to be me without 2 kids in tow. It worked wonders for my sanity.
    tonbookluvr

Answer by tonbookluvr at 8:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I so want to get away for a few days at times. 24 hours even. I did once. I went to a hotel --it was cheap! --and just relaxed. I read, watched tv, and couldn't wait till morning when I would be with my husband and son again. I don't always need a whole 24 hours to myself (although it would be nice). Sometimes I just send hubby out with my son for several hours so I can collect my thoughts and clean house or play on the computer or write.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• A couple hours is usually good for me, too. One of my biggest frustrations is how messy our house gets - I just can't keep up. So, I ask my hubby to take my son somewhere for a couple hours to clean up. Or, I'll have him stay with our son and I'll go out for a couple of hours either shopping, or out with my friends for a night. Usually after that, I miss them and I'm glad that I'm back with them. BUT if you don't ever even get THAT much, I completely understand why you want to get away for longer! I would love to go see my friend in NC by myself!
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i've done this a couple a times, where it sometimes came to the point where i wanted to pull my hair off, lol, you can say i went on mommy,girlfriend,etc...strike, where i felt non appreciated, i be there for them when they needed and worked hard to keep everyone satisfied, but yet when i needed someone to be there for me in time of need, it felt as if they looked at me like it really was not as important or it didnt matter how i was feeling, like i had to take a number or schedule an appointment with them in order to be heared, so i called my friends,family and / or fathers of my kids, to help me with thy kids, took care of mine and only my responsibilities and it was see ya later alligator, so they can know what it is not to have me there, trust they will get lost in the sauce without you and i tell ya i didnt even look back as much as i wanted to, and as to how i felt , i felt great and ill do it over and over again .
    changachula1234

Answer by changachula1234 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i feel that way a lot and yes i go away i go to my moms,to my older daughter's, or to a motel alone just to rest and relax
    beckybuck

Answer by beckybuck at 9:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I was angry with my husband many, many years ago. I went to a nearby hotel. The second day I went to my car and it would not start. I had to call my husband to rescue me.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:28 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I go away to the beach with my girlfriends for a weekend every year, but it's a time when each of us does what we want when we want. Usually we will all get together for supper at night, at least but some of us go shopping, others hang out by the pool, others go sightseeing - last year I had just found out I was pregnant with my 5th child and I spent most of the weekend asleep. It was heaven! We've been doing this for 7 years now and it's wonderful. I always come back refreshed and recharged!

Answer by missanc at 9:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• All the time, but I have a 5 month old so I would like to take the baby (and a baby nurse!) I would love to get away without DH.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2010