how to get my 2 year old take a chewable vitamin?

my 2 year old daughter has to take a vitamin that has iron and calcium.the only one i can find with both in it is the flintstone chewables but she doesn't like them .she is really picky,if it doesn't feel right in her mouth she will spit it out.anyone know how i can get her to take it?thanks

kb24

Asked by kb24 at 8:39 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You could crush them up and try to hide some in different food through out the day. Like in oatmeal or applesauce. If that doesn't work you make want to look for the gummy bear vitamin.
    AmandaSimmons

Answer by AmandaSimmons at 8:47 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Don't get the chewable kind, get the gummy ones with no added sugar. Both my kids have been taking them since they were 2.
    tonbookluvr

Answer by tonbookluvr at 8:47 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Get the gummies! They're awesome and my son loves them. I've tasted them myself and they taste just like a gummy bear.
    JenPrincess88

Answer by JenPrincess88 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• my daughter won't eat gummy bears or any of the gummy candies,so i don't think she going to eat the gummy vitamins either but thanks for the advice.
    kb24

Comment by kb24 (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Gummy vitamins may be the answer my kids didn't like chewables either. The only thing is they are very bad for their teeth, even if they brush afterwards the gummy goes down into the roots. So your best bet would be what Amanda Simmons suggested and crush them into some food so she doesn't know shes taking them, or offer a special treat if she takes them.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• They make liquid vitamins that taste like nothing - you could measure it out and put it into a cup of juice.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• ok thanks didn't know that .do you know if it has calcium and iron?
    kb24

Comment by kb24 (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I used to crush them so he could eat them but now he chews on them so easy
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm not sure what it has in it, OP. I know it's there with the other vitamins, but my son likes the gummies so that's what I get. I saw them at the grocery store though, so you can probably just go check the next time you're there. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 1:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I THINK IF YOU ACT LIKE ITS SOMETHING YUMMY OR IF YOU ACT LIKE ITS A MAGICAL SUPER POWER PILL THAT SHE WILL BE BEGGING YOU FOR IT MAYBE EVEN TRY TO ACT LIKE YOU AR TAKING ONE WITH HER AND ACT LIKE IT MADE YOU SUPER STRONG IT WILL MAKE HER FEEL LIKE IF MOMMY CAN DO SO CAN I!!
    liyah317

Answer by liyah317 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010