Children's allergy relief

Do you think 2 & 1/2 is too young for children's zyrtec or something along those lines? Our lil man is having a rough allergy season since the weather change and the post nasal is awful at night and he can't sleep more than a few hours then just cries and cries for us. We tried benedryl and a humidifier, but they're just not working for him this time. :( We desperately need sleep around here! Help!

JenPrincess88

Asked by JenPrincess88 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What about Claritin?? That's what my doctor told me to give my son and he started taking it around 14 months or so. Ask you doctor what the correct dosage would be for your little one. Honestly though...it never worked that great for my son...but I don't think he had alergies either. I'm pretty sure he was just getting sick, so maybe it'll work for you!
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• if i'm not mistaken i do believe Zyrtec or Claritin has dosages for 2 years and above...
    also maybe incline his bed a little helps with allergy or anything sinus related.. if he is stuffy try a steam remedy.. just sit on the bathroom floor with the hot shower going to produce steam.. and then suction his nose out, or if he can blow his own nose..
    millerbunch

Answer by millerbunch at 9:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We have all had trouble with allergies this year, Its because of no rain and the ragweed is high. Most docters recommend the nasal sprays over the pills. I really would recommend that Nasalcort is a good one, no aftertaste. I take alerver-D which I've found is the best over the counter for me. Try alervert for him they have it in fruit flavors that melt in your mouth. So far my kids have taken claritin and Zytec with not much relief. Allergies are just too bad this year.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• give sinupret.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 9:28 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• my daughter is 18 months and has been on zyrtec for like 6 months now and she does GREAT
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 6:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010