what are good gifts?

My husband has asked me again what I want for my B-day & winter holiday. He always ends up giving me gift cards (which is insulting-don't care enough to try?) since my answers are too vague. He also wants it to be what I want & not what I need. So I'm asking ya'll: whats on your top list? Mine is the following: A nice blouse (button up, no decorations, no patterns, not blue or purple, not dry clean only, not tight & not grandma style), Maid service for a month (have to clean out the attic) black rose bulbs for the garden, opal & silver earrings/necklace. This has been my list for 5 years. Apparently it is too difficult to fill.

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 9:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Holidays

• i want shelves or a a nice cabinet to put some of my collections in instead of leaving them sitting in boxes...plus i would like to add to them.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I keep a wishlist on Amazon and my hubby picks from that or picks from the list I keep in favorites/bookmarked on our PC. That way he doesn't have to think too hard (poor chump) and I won't get something I don't fully appreciate as I should.

PinkLentil

Answer by PinkLentil at 9:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• First and foremost I would like my husband to realize that he isn't a bachelor any longer paying bills is not a gift to me but everyone in the house. If I could have anything I guess an allowance would be ideal. I can purchase my own gift if necessary.
    virtueous

Answer by virtueous at 9:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• HAHAHA.....yeah, my hubby's the same way. Except, I tell him specifically what I want and then he goes and buys me different stuff that he thought I would like. One time he got me these little laser light things that clip to your car's washer fluid "nubs" on the hood. What the hell was that?? lol

The wish list is a good idea! Maybe focus on just the earrings and necklace. Men tend to stop listening half way through a sentence sometimes I think.
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• are you sure he has your list? if he is asking then write a list out for him. and gift cards don't necessary mean he doesn't care maybe he is so afraid to buy a gift and it being the wrong gift with a gift card he can't go wrong
    beckybuck

Answer by beckybuck at 9:28 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I tell my hubby directly what i want. and he gets it. the last few pressies, i got a nice 500 dollar set of cooking set, pans, pots etc. I also got massage thingies, (which are terrible anyway lol) he has bought me a 300 electric wok set. knives etc.. I dont want pressies for me anymore. but stuff i can use in the house. sounds real housewifey i know! but i really love my pots.. having cooked out of a second hand pot i bought for 50 bucks from a red cross shop when we first met has been difficult but it got the job done (when we moved in i was broke and he only just started a new job).
    this yeah i want a flight down south so i can watch a concert i bought tickets for.
    maybe just write a list and say choose. and say i appreciate the cards but i would rather you actually wrap something up im wiling to unwrap on chrissie.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• That is nothing!!! At least he doesn't give you nut clusters for valentines day---WHEN YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO NUT---like my SOB does----LOL-- Do what Pink Lentil did with the amazon .com wishlist
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 9:56 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My wish list is kinda stuff for the house, but stuff I wouldn't buy otherwise cos it's too expensive. Fiesta dinnerware, Thomas Kinkade items, new dining room chairs, and for me some new jeans, shirts, and shoes would be awesome. I want the Reebok runtone shoes, I think my mom might be getting them for me though lol. Keeping an Amazon wishlist is awesome, cos then I still don't know exactly what I'm getting but I know it will be something I really really want. And Amazon has pretty much everything.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• the new Reba boots
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have an Amazon.com wishlist as well!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2010