I am so frustrated!!!!!

I am trying to potty train my 2 1/2 year old daughter and the first few day's were good, minimal accidents and she was excited, but now that it has lost its appeal shes peeing and pooping in her panties 90% of the time! She is a very smart child and she knows I want her to go potty in the potty, I am SO tierd of cleaning up urine and feces! How long does potty traing usually take? Is there anything I could try to make this easier on us both? I need answers from excperienced mommys ASAP before I rip my hair out LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When you started to potty train was she ready or you just decided it was time? She may not be ready. Every child is different and some take longer than others but she will get there if she is ready, gl.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• training a baby is like training a puppy.. u should give her treats after she goes to the potty evrytime. give her something that she really likes and give her lots of praise. after she goes say mommy is so proud of u and ur so smart and just give her lots of positive attention after she goes. dont spank her if she goes on herself. cause she'll be scared to use it period. just give her time and remeber shes still a baby. make potty time a fun time.
    jenny2150

Answer by jenny2150 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My mom was having the same trouble with my sister, to avoid this problem she just constantly asked her 'do you have to go potty?' well not constantly but every little while, this really helped!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My son's doctor recently told me that the average potty-training age has gone from 2 to 3 years of age. Maybe she just isn't ready yet.
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 1:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Print out a colorful chart, hang it on the wall, get some cheap stickers and everytime she goes potty, let her put a sticker up. Then, go to the dollar store, buy some cheap, junky toys (child-safe, of course), and let her pick one out after she has put her sticker on, then, when she uses the potty the next time, she can take that toy back and trade for another one, that will give her something to look forward to, as well as teaching her to keep track of things and helps her with her memory. Won't be a big deal if she doesn't want to trade, but it's a good idea.
    jennw0021

Answer by jennw0021 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I am going to tell you a little secret that I discovered about kids. They have no interest in things, especially potty training if we are the ones telling them to do it. Here is a trick that I tried myself, and has worked wonders for me, and my other friends that I suggested it. You had a kitchen time? Every stove/oven has one. Turn it on for 10 minutes and everytime it goes off tell your daughter its potty time!! The beep said so. Its okay if she doesn't actually pee or poop, it s to get her to just sit on the potty every 10 minutes. And then keep resetting the time for ten minutes. Once you notice that your daughter holds her pee for more than ten minutes, increase the time to 20 minutes. This trick did wonders for my older son.Give it a chance. You will notice within a few days that its working.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2008