When do movements get stronger?

I am 18+2 weeks pregnant. I have been feeling light taps/pokes since 16+1. The doctor said this is likely the baby. When do the movements get stronger and more consistent?

MentorMel

Asked by MentorMel at 9:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It different for everyone, but you will know,,,,,,,,,

Answer by older at 9:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• older is right.. i was of the belief you will feel them by 20 weeks but i didnt feel anything until 22 weeks. i have just had my first girl in january. but you will definately notice them strongly around 23 weeks onwards. sometimes they are so strong it hurts and you have to sit down. (kicks to the ribs are fun!).
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am 22 weeks and prego with #2 and boy is she active. I have felt her strong for about 4 weeks now. Sometimes it gets annoying at night when I am laying on my side and she decides she doesn't like that and pushes and kicks on the side against the bed, that kinda hurts. She is pretty low so hopefully less "rib kicks" than with my son lol those are horrible towards the end.
    burtangermom4

Answer by burtangermom4 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Here is my timeline for movements..... after 10wks light flutters, at 16wks taps, 19wks I started feeling kicks, and now at 25 it feels like she is rolling around in there plus kicking and punching me lol
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010