pregnant with mirena?

i have a 3mo old DS, and at my follow up appointment 4 weeks after csection, i got the mirena placed. i got my menstrual period about 2, and havent had it since. im very nervous that i may be pregnant. ive had back pain, cramping, and nausea. i go today to see if its in place correctly, and im terrified they will tell me im pregnant. anyone know someone who got pregnant with mirena?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's highly unlikely. It's happened but not common. I had my mirena 4 years and haven't had a period since. Your period usually does stop with the mirena.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i don't know of anyone who got pregnant on mirena....but mirena can cause pregnancy symptoms. i had a few symptoms after i had mirena put in, that i had with my pregnancy. good luck at the doc today!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• When I had my mirena put in the first time I had back pain, cramping, and nausea and it turned out that the mirena had punctured my uterus and had to be removed immediately. I then went back a few weeks later after my ueterus healed and had it put in again. It's possible to get pregnant only if the mirena were placed incorrectly in your uterus. Don't worry, I was pretty messed up for 6 months after getting mine because it took me that long to get used to it. Maybe your body is still adjusting too. IIt does release hormones, and you are still recovering from having a baby, so you are going through a lot of changes. The ultrasound will tell you! It's HIGHLY unlikely that you are pregnant! =)
    Patesmom

Answer by Patesmom at 9:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2010