Q for christians: Different denominations of Christendom

Do you deliberately identify with a particular denomination of Christendom or do you feel all denominations of Christendom are Christian (ie: acceptable to Christ and to God?) or do you feel maybe some denominations are more acceptable than others?

How do you make this decision?

PinkLentil

Asked by PinkLentil at 9:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• PinkLentil

I agree completely!
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Chrisitanity is Christianity. As long as we have accepted Christ as our personal Savior, we are a Christian. There are different denominations, yes, but it's not about "religion", it's about a relationship with Jesus, and with God. I am a member of the Assembly of God church, and that's where I go to worship Him with fellow Chrisitans, edify, and be edified, and spend time with my brothers and sisters in Christ, learn more about God, and just be part of an extended family. There has never been a time I haven't believed in God, but I have belonged to several different denominations. I never found what I was truly looking for till I found the AOG. I didn't really "make a decision", I felt led by God, and I know I did the right thing. We have never been happier, or more involved than we are here.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 10:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think it's up to the individual to find what they believe to be the best expression of their beliefs. I don't look at any religion as being more right then another. I chose my religion based my beliefs.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I deliberately identify myself as a Catholic..

I was "raised" in the Catholic Church, but I use the term "raised" loosely because my parents didn't know anything about Catholic teaching (actually practiced un-Catholic teaching) so did grew up not understanding Catholicism. As an adult I realized I am responsible for my own soul, not my parents anymore, so I did research on the Church's history and teachings, read the Bible...basically found answers to a ton of my questions. Then I started to ponder about the beliefs of other denominations that fall under the umbrella of Christianity. The more I learn about Catholicism and other Christian denominations, the more I am sure that the Catholic Church is the one true church founded by Jesus and meant for all.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 2:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am Episopalian. I was baptised Episopalian and so was my daughter. My Hubby is Roman Catholic. I can actually go to any church. I am not sure of all the differences betrween religions of the Christian faith, but I have gone to a Mormon, Jahovah Witness, Roman Catholic and of course an Episcopal church. And my best friend is a Baptist.
    I believe what counts is you are there. But I can't help it... I am an Episcopalian.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Although I am a member of one denomination, I am more ecumenical as well as independent of my beliefs.....I don't know that God "accepts" or approves of one denomination over another any more than one religion over another...I believe that people are different and we are all doing our best to reach out to God as he finds ways to reach out to us....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i was raised Church of Christ, and i still attend one (a very very liberal one) but my views are far from exactly the same as most of the members. all denominations are acceptable imo, but thats probably b/c i dont think only Christians are going to heaven.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I believe all denominations and flavors of Christianity are acceptable. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Christian is Christian. Born Episcipalian... now Methodist. call my whatever as long as its Christian
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm only anti-catholic because i was raised catholic.. and as i got older and did my own research into it and learned how much of it was just complete BS, i told the catholic church to kiss my butt. I'm christian, but organized religion was created for the sole purpose of money and controling society.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2010