When, if at all, do you allow your daughters to wear make up?

and why?

Thankyou.

PinkLentil

Asked by PinkLentil at 9:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• No clue.  My oldest is 10 and I have absolutely no plans to give her make-up ever.  I don't wear it.  There is none in the house.  If my girls want to wear it they will have to get it themselves and have someone teach them to put it on (I have no clue, I've never worn make-up ever).  I see no reason why any woman needs make-up, let alone a little girl.  My girls are beautiful just the way they are and I will continue with that forever.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i dont think i will have a set age persay, i think i will base it on the maturity level of each girl and even then it will be just a lil lip glass /eye shadow
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree it is not about age it is more about the maturity of a person. I find that some of my children are more equip to handle some things quicker than others.
    virtueous

Answer by virtueous at 10:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• probably when she is about 12 or 13. but not a whole lot. probably like the lipgloss or eyeshadow if she is interested in that. my goddaighter doesn't do anything on her lips. i think she does just eyeliner. so when that time comes she will make her own decisions. i loved makeup as a little girl so we shall wait and see.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• maybe 15 .my girls wear clear lipgloss.thats it.
    mwood108

Answer by mwood108 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• So far 7th grade has worked for us.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i feel for your girls just... some girls like it and that is fine .. and they look to their mothers for that help....
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I let me dd use lip gloss right now.. she's 2 1/2. eye make up probably not until she's at least 10 (other than playing around the house or costume related events, like halloween or a play).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010