tweens

I have two girls at home ages 12, and 13. I have always babysat boys and we have a boy that has no one to play with in our neighborhood, we live in the country. I've always let boys come over and even spend the night when they were younger. Now that the girls are getting older should I not let boys come over and play anymore? They really just play together and I don't let boys spend the night anymore. But then again should I keep a constant eye on them or just forget letting them come over altogether?

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would allow them to come over, you don't want them to be sneaking around. Being with the boys will make them more comfortable, and they might not be easily led into something later on if they are used to being around boys. I would, however, set some ground rules(no closed doors for one), and I would be around, always friendly, not giving the impression of checking up on them, but I would use those eyes in the back of the head, and listen to any mom feeling that come up.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Let them play and watched them. I was kissing my friends at 13. Not all kids are the same obviously but keep an eye on them.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 10:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would allow them to come over, but I would put the fear of God into all of them if they exhibit any bad behavior. You don't want one of both of your girls and the boy "experimenting"
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 6:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yes, I'd allow them to come and visit.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:25 AM on Oct. 14, 2010