What do I do????????

I am engaged to be married but I am having trouble trying to think things through...My dad doesnt want me getting married cuz he thinks I am too young and my mom says I should get married so my daughter Jessicka has a father figure in her life...but see the thing is I dont know if I still have the same feelings as they do...I mean I love him and everything but I just want to do what is right for my daughter. He loves Jessicka with all his heart even though he is not her biological father...but I dont know if I still have the same feelings for him as I did wen we first got together. I have been hanging out wit this one friend of mine and he is really awesome and he tells me that he loves me, he doesnt go through my text messages like my bf now does, he doesnt go through my purse and he even sings Jessicka to sleep which i cant do...I just need help please

SkiDefjess

Asked by SkiDefjess at 12:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• Be careful they can all hide crazy for a while. lol Do what makes you happy! If you're not happy no one is. Remember that. Trust you gut but make sure you don't make a quick decision.  Definately don't marry some one if you have doubts.  I believe marriages fail because you go into them with the wrong state of mind.  You've got some serious thinking to do. 

BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 1:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• the question is are u happy with him??? if not then thats ur answer. but dont let this new guy tear up ur engagement. and eventually the new guy will go through ur stuff because guys are gonna want to know what ur doing. u probably just have cold feet about the marriage. and plus u dont want ur daughter to be around a bunch of different guys. let her be used to one. try to stick it out with ur bf. and if ur not happy then leave
    Anonymous

• YOUR GOING THROUGH THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE KINDA THING....WHEN I GOT MARRIED TO MY EX HUSBAND I WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING I KNEW I DIDNT CARE ABOUT HIM AS MUCH AS I DID BEFORE I WAS TALKING TO OTHER GUYS AND THINKING THEY WERE SO GREAT AND TRYING TO FIND AS MANY THINGS AS POSSIBLE WRONG WITH MY HUSBAND TO BE AND JUST REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT THE WHOLE THING BUT WE HAD A LITTLE GIRL AND I WANTED TO GIVE HER THE STABLE FAMILY LIFE THAT I NEVER HAD, BUT WE DIVORCED SO APPERANTLY I MADE THE WRONG CHOICE I KNEW I DIDNT WANT TO GET MARRIED AND I NEVER SHOULD HAVE WENT THROUGH WITH IT.... BUT DONT NOT MARRY SOMEONE JUST CAUSE ANOTHER MAN LOOKS BETTER HE WILL ONLY LOOK THAT WAY TIL YOU HAVE HIM AND THEN MIGHT VERY WELL REGRET WHAT YOU LOST!! THINK LONG AND HARD ON THIS!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Well of course he's not going through your stuff now, none of them do. And are you sure he truly respects the both of you? If he knows you have a bf, then what is he doing saying he love you? Obviously he is hoping he can break you guys up, unless you talk to him about problems in your relationship. But then again, you say you're not sure if you feel the same for the guy you're with now. How do you know this won't happen again with your friend if you decide to leave one for the other? Maybe this is just an argument about whether you can love someone unconditionally and for better or worse. Whatever you decide to do, do not cheat. If you want to be with your friend, break up with your guy now. If you want to marry your guy, tell your friend right now before anyone gets hurt. Also, make sure you're not leading him on or anything to allow him to say he loves you.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 1:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• well if your hanging out with another man i would go look at yur texts to I would not trust you either
    Anonymous

• If you are doubting it you should not get married....'
    You can not get married for your daughter.
    You should get married because you love him and you see the two of you together in your future.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Dannee... You took the words right out of my mouth. I married for my daughter not for myself. It lasted less than a year and I was miserable.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It sounds like your not ready to be married. You need to take the time and figure out what you want and what your child needs. And as for the men your around don't keep exsposing your child to diffrent men all the time she doesn't need that right now. But if you do think your ready to get married you need to stick to one man and make it work or your going to mess up your life.
    Anonymous

• Better to be single than sorry
    Anonymous

• Why don't you remove yourself from all relationships until you decide what you want to do with your life? Take some time to learn who you are and what you want in a husband. Learn to assess a man's character from a distance without being emotionally involved with him. It is really so much easier to see the true nature of a man when you approach things correctly. Learn to move very slowly and you will find that your vision will greatly improve.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2008