Work

I work as a CNA I work 12 hour shifts. I love what I do but it wears me out when I get home I just want to go to bed. I also work every other weekend and it feels like I miss church all the time. I'm thinking of going prn but I'm afraid I won't get enough hours. I want my kids in church and my husband is not going on the weekends I work. He's usually taking them somewhere where he can drink beer with his brother. He carries the insurance so I don't have to worry about that. I hate missing out on the kids activites also.

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I understand how important it is to be with our Families. I truly enjoy Family days after Church. My 3 year old son just started Sunday School!! It's so exciting to know he's learning about God at such a young age. Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 19 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Sounds like you already know the answer to this. The hours will work themselves out, but time with your kids is limited.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:24 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would do what is right for YOU and your kids, even if it's not the best financial situation. You can always budget your money, but you can't budget your time with your kids. Have you talked to your husband about all of this? It sounds like the two of you might have some communication problems, and he may not have his priorities straight. :(
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:43 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am sorry, I really disagree. Money is tight everywhere. You have to do what you can in order to make ends meet. If your husband's job is enough for your family to live off of, then you might be able to go PRN, but if not, I would talk to them to see if you can get different hours or try to find a job as a CNA somewhere that has better hours.

It's tough for working moms, no one ever said it wasn't, but money is needed in order to survive in this world.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• "I'm thinking of going prn but I'm afraid I won't get enough hours."

What is prm?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Hotmama330, Prn is when you work when needed only you pick out the days and hours you can work. You get no benefits and less pay
    Momabear455

Comment by Momabear455 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010