How did you potty train your son

My son is 2 and I'm trying to potty train. He will sit when I tell him to and always pees and is excited but he won't do it on his own. only when he's told to

hixons_mommy

Asked by hixons_mommy at 10:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Here is what I ran into with my son...he WAS doing it on his own until he got his little guy squished by a falling lid :(
    That sudden regression worried us, but he was back to his old self in days.

Some things that could be your sons problem are fear of falling in, getting his guy squished...or quite simply he isnt ready yet. 2 yrs is kinda young. Give him time, he will get there :)
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 10:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I just finished potty training my son, he is 2 1/2. We started when he was a little over 2. He only went when told at first and then eventually started telling me when he needed too. I was worried that he wasn't doing well but when I asked the Dr. they told me not to worry that it takes boys longer. That the don't recommend starting till 39 months, seems old to me. But my son is doing really well and we are only having nighttime accidents. He will do it when he is ready, just continue to ask him tell then! Good Luck!!
    willkanmom

Answer by willkanmom at 10:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I hate potty training and I have a stubborn son. So I let him take full control of that. He potty train just after he turned 3 years and potty trained in 1 week. He potty trained himself days and night. He just decided and we followed his lead.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010