Would you feel like a failure?

Would you feel like a failure if you moved back home with your parents or with your hubbys parents?
He can't work because he is really sick, and constantly going to the doctor's. I can not work because i can not find a baby sitter for our 23 month old, and there are no day care's around where i live. We own our home, We were doing awesome up till hubby got sick. Now family want's us to move closer and we want to move closer so i am able to go back to work, and support my family, till we figure out what is wrong with hubby.
SO here is the problem, hubby's parents want us to move in with them , but we would have to get rid of our cat cause MIL is allergic to them. My problem with that is i would not feel comfortable living with them, i want my own home i don't want to move back in with our parents because i would feel like i failed!
And we can not omove in with my parents because dh would feel uncomfortable , plus cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• No. I did this in August 2008 and didn't move out of my mother's home until this July. i can't tell you how many people have had to move back in with their parents (family and all) in the last several years. Mostly, I blame the economy for this; it's making it difficult for hard working Americans to get the home loans they need to purchase a home and earn the money to pay down that loan, as well as the monthly bills.

It's not your fault; it never is. You are not a failure.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It's not a failure. While it might be a little setback in your plans, it is not a failure. With the way the economy is going today, more and more people have been having to do this type of thing. You plan is not to stay there. Your DH needs to get well and you need help in the meantime. You do what you have to do in life. As long as you keep moving forward, it is NOT failure
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• If you really need the help I would move in with them until you and your husband can get back on your feet. It doesn't mean you failed it just means for a little while you need some help! Nothing wrong with needing to lean on someone until you can get settled into your own place. Although I can understand how you feel uncomfortable but if you do decide to move in with them just remind yourself it's just for a little while. It may help you cope a bit better!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Nope. Right know we are moving on Friday with my mother in law. Things hapen. I have a high risk pregnancy and can't work for now, my dh is getting his hour cut. So we have to do it until I have this baby and can go back to work. I don't feel like a failure. I feel like we HAVE to do it for alittle while.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 10:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• my dad is really sick and would keep him up most of the time. and i would have to go behind my dd picking up her toys so my dad would not trip over them...We need our own place....but we have no money saved up as we were not going to move for a while yet. and now it is kicking us in the butt!What can i do???I am at a loss here!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2010