How did you stop smoking

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 10:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• Seriously, it was an article in a magazine by Jehovah's Witnesses, way back in 1989. Here's a current one from their website. Religion aside it's great advice:

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20000322/article_03.htm

PinkLentil

Answer by PinkLentil at 10:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I've quit cold turkey(two years), weaning off(five years) and most recently w/Chantix(a year so far). Chantix was by far the easiest.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Different things work for different people. I was able to go cold turkey. My sis tried Chantix, but it was horrible for her. She did it with the help of the lozenges.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I used the patch 10 years ago to quit, but I think you have to really have the mind set that you want to do it for you! Think about your health, the money you will save, how it ages your looks, and then think about others around you - how you and they want you to be there and healthy for them later in life. Mostly you have to decide to do it for you, this one is all about you. Good luck!
    kmom523

Answer by kmom523 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I just decided I was done and quit- I was not a heavy smoker though
    Hubby did the same and was a heavier smoker- he tried patches but they made him sick so after a few days he just decided he was done with all of it and neither of us have smoked again...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• never started and never will nasty habit
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2010