Why dont they learn?

I have a pug and a lab and they were shock collars to stay in the yard. We have to buy batteries all the time and I just bought one for my pug and it fell out. It just takes a couple of weeks and they realize they can go out of their boundary when the battery dies. Why do they do this, why wouldn't they finally learn and stay in the yard. They have had these for years.

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pets

• Your dogs have learned if you think of it. They just learned something differnet than whatt you wanted.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We have shock collars because our dogs used to get into these fights and were hard to walk. Now they walk fine, always a little more excited when we leave then after a few minutes into the walk.
    Another thing is the shock collars are only suppose to be a temporary teaching tool. And they come with charging cords as well, you don't have to buy battery opporated collars.
    We no longer use our collars, I felt bad for our dogs, insead we have 7' gates surrounding our back yard. We even posted a sign for the idiots who tried to climb it.

Photobucket

tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• LOL, tryin2BGOOD has a point. You have smart dogs. Maybe *too* smart!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 8:38 AM on Oct. 15, 2010