Relationships

Whoever said opposites attract and are good for each other are crazy. I find it very hard to be with someone that has no interest at all that you do. He doesn't want to do anything I like to do and it would be so much fun to have someone that liked to do the same things as you. How can opposites work it out unless they find another friend to do things with

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think they mean complete opposites. My hubby and I are similar in ways, but like ying and yang in others. We compliment each other. What he's good at, I'm not so good at. What I'm good at, he's not so good at. We just work better together.
    But, I do see your point. If there is NO common ground, I don't see how a couple can work either. I guess it depends totally on them, ya know? Kinda like, no one thought my hubby and I would last. We met in a bar, got married at the JOP 2 1/2 months after we met. We didn't know each other for nothing. But, in Dec it will be 15 years of marriage. Sometimes what you don't think will work, will. We knew it, BTW, IDK how, but we did!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You have a good point. There has to be somethings that you both like in order to build upon. If not see if you can find something new you both like. If not ...then I don't know what to say. Good luck
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Me Dh and I are opposites, we have to work at it (but we work very well together, we balance eeach other out) . Find a common interest. You say he doesn't like to do anything thast you like, well have you tried being a part of what he likes?
    What kind of things are you wanting him to do?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• AGREED! Case in point with me and my ex-husband. There were many other issues though, that wasn't why I divorced him.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I dont know
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010