How do you know....

If you did a good job at a interview? Would you think if the person who interviewed you and told you specific days that they are doing call backs is a good thing? It seems though that some people got hired yesterday on the spot. I'm sorry, i'm so confused and this is really bothering me. haha

Chell.o_0

Asked by Chell.o_0 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I know how you feel. With some interviews, I have been hired on the spot. Now that makes me think that if they don't hire me on the spot, they don't like me, especially when they say they have more to interview. Argh...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Usually by the feedback the I recceived in the interview. The few times that I have been interview I have been hire and told that I was the best. I gotta tell you I take a class in college that prepare me for interviews and my father is an executive at UPS and he is always tellign me the right things to say.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 10:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I usually get a feeling in the interview. I have only had two jobs since college. The first one offered me the job on the spot. The second called my reference while I was on the way home, so I took that as a good sign.

There may have a been a few people that wowed them, so they offered them the job on the spot. They may still have a few positions to fill but haven't decided on who they want to hire, yet, and they may have more interviews to do.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well it's a brand new place here, a restaurant. The one chick they hired looked like a hooch and wore to much makeup. ahahaha.

I'm just nervous. A wreck. haha I shouldn't be looking into it this deeply.
    Chell.o_0

Comment by Chell.o_0 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I try and read the facial expressions of the interviewer and just do the best I can. There's no way to tell until you hear back whether you were hired or not, unfortunately. Makes for very stressed-out job seekers!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It's been my experience that you can't really tell if it went well or not. They always tell you when call backs will be. There have been interviews I thought I aced that I never heard back from them, and some that I thought I did horribly and was called back.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2010