Yesterday, I was diagnosed with EE ( Eosinophilic Esophagitis) adult content

Has anyone else ever had this? I know this may sound like a terrible question, but if you or you know of anyone else that has had this, were they ever allowed to have coffee or pop ever again? I have to stay on Prilosec for 6 monthes. I've been drinking coffee since I was 7 yrs old and coke since I was 4 yrs old...I had a bad mom! :) But I choose to drink both now-a-days because I love the two. Pretty bummed :/

trijobaby

Asked by trijobaby at 10:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• What is that exactly? My oldest DD and hubby both have major reflux issues and was wondering...any type of fizzy type drinks do the most damage..
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 5:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• no idea but i hope things get better for u
    JasminesMommy06

Answer by JasminesMommy06 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Its when your esophogus has a hard time digesting acidic based substances therefore you experience the volcanic eruption. Over time if it becomes out of hand, your doctor will have to surgically remove portions of material that is scared/punctured due to the damage you have done to your esophogus. your esophogus is the lining to which the acid in your stomach is left to absorb food and is connected to the same tube at which you place food into your stomach. Through time, everyone eventually experiences some sort of heart burn/reflux, especially if they are coffe/pop/tea drinkers and eat spicy foods. Basically with that being said, the acidic and spicy things that you put into your stomach can eat away at the lining of your esophogus and can soon lead to cancerous tissues. I just want to be able to enjoy the small things in life that I enjoyed. :(
    trijobaby

Comment by trijobaby (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2010