waking up

ok mommies...my DS who is 7 weeks old goes to bed about 9:00pm every night. He gets a bath at 7:30pm, gets an 8oz bottle and then I rock him for a little while till he gets drowsy. He falls asleep just fine but then about 2:30am-3am he wakes up, I feed him a bottle and then the rest of the night he never gets into that REM state of sleeping. If i lay him down he wakes up and then is wide awake. He'll fuss the rest of the night too, like whining and grunting. I don't know what to do. I can't keep getting only like 2-3 hours of sleep a night. Help?????!!

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 10:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry but that's part of being a new mommy. Most babies will not sleep thru the night until 6 months and then they go for longer periods of time between wake ups.
    I think I banked 2-3 hours a night until 8 months. I napped during the day when baby napped.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yuckko lol...my other son who is 4 always slept all night.....I know its part of it and is completely worth it.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear that.. my son was like that.. I had a c-section done, and it was very hard for me to get up and go to him once i went on the bed.. the best thing that helped me the most was music... don't get him use to rocking of the arms your baby is light now but wont be for to long. if you have a music channel on your cable put that on, or out whatever your watching on TV lay him on your bed for a moment not all night so you both can lay next to each other. try not to have everyone be hush hush when its the baby time to sleep, he needs to get use to noise.. Also take naps when he sleeps. it helps. don't worry it will get better, and i wish you lots of luck..
    rinaangle2010

Answer by rinaangle2010 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i am actually sleeping on the couch so the baby doesnt wake my husband (isn't that wonderful) and DS room is right across from the living room so I can hear him easily. When he gets up I usually do turn music on. After he gets up at 3am he lays in my arms but doesnt ever fall back asleep. thanks for the well wishes I am sure it will get easier
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Thats not too bad hun, I see that as lucky! My daughter, now at 6 months STILL wakes up 2-7x a night and sometimes more. She only eats about 4 ozs at a time, so its good he/she is eating alot, later on that will come in handy haha. My daughter still wakes up when I go to lay her down, I think its just something that they have to learn with time, some learn this faster than others, it all just depends. Hang in there!!
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 4:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010