How much will you spend this year?

How much do you usually spend on your preschooler for X-mas?

1lilgirl

Asked by 1lilgirl at 10:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I spend like $300-$400 (I think?) I have my daughter's b-day 5 days before x-mas too. It breaks the bank. haha (Not to mention, I have 6 nieces and nephews...ha)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I spend anywhere from 200-300 dollars on each of my kids for Christmas. We no longer buy gifts for adults, but do make sure that all the kids in the family get a gift from us.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 10:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• confusedOH my! We don't even spend CLOSE to that. All of my friends soend that much on their children, but we spend about 100. if that... Does that make me a bad mom?

1lilgirl

Comment by 1lilgirl (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No! Why would that make you a bad mom?! I just like to shop, lol.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well, we do have the money, but I feel liek they are kids and they don't need that much. I dunno.. Gosh, I feel bad...
    1lilgirl

Comment by 1lilgirl (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We did buy her a Barbie Jeep when she was 2 and she barely drives it. All her friends want to come over just to drive it, and she has no real interest in it. We just bought her a Mobie go touch screen game in Sept. for her b-day and she played it for a few days and no more... I hate spending the money when she won't play with toys...
    1lilgirl

Comment by 1lilgirl (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• GOOD FOR YOU! Don't spend the money if its a waste. I hate the fact that so much of our belongings are in storage. I refuse to part with them bc my boys play and play hard, but they love their toys and still ask for them even though they are packed away. it sucks! DO NOT grade your parenting on what you spend at christmas and holidays. it does NOT show your parenting skills. We spend a few hundred dollars normally each year ONLY bc they get a big gift and games and movies and clothes. Leapster, we got were 60 a piece games are 25.....I have 3 boys it adds up. But I am already starting to buy just so we aren't so screwed at xmas and don't have enough money to buy for everyone. you are a good mom and its not because of the amount you spend. The fact that you are conscience about how much you spend is more evident of a good mom than anything else.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 3:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• im looking at about 150 for my ds... I'm a broke mama, and I will be getting him nessities. he loves opening things, and i am going to take full advantage of buying like soaps and socks and underwear. I'm a broke mama, so I just hope he's happ opening
    mama_pink_tink

Answer by mama_pink_tink at 5:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Thanks, HTMommy!
    1lilgirl

Comment by 1lilgirl (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• we are onl spending 100-150 on each kid this year normailly i would spend the same amount on each child but we wil have a newborn & two 11yr olds this year. so for the twins(11) i will probably spend what i dont spend on the newborn & 3yrs budget
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2010