Anyone ever had a 3D/4D ultrasound?

is it worth it? does it harm the baby? im thinking about getting one but im a bit hesitant, if anyone has had a 3D/4D ultrasound please share your experience. i would really appreciate it! Thanks :-)

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had 3 done in my pregnancy and I loved them!
    I went in at 16 weeks for the sex of the baby, but they couldnt see. So I went back 2 weeks later and found out it was a girl :)
    And then once again at 30 weeks to see her precious face.
    My baby is healthy and fine.
    I did it so many times because I just needed to know she was ok. I had 2 close friends of mine loose babies, one was a physical birth defect, and the other was a stillborn at 8 1/2 months along. So needless to say, I was worried. But it helped calm my anxiety to see that my angel was just fine.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I did and I loved it! It is truely amazing. I limited my app to 20 minutes, because I too was leary of harming the baby. There is no more risk of harm than as an ultrasound done at a hospital. I really, really, reccommend it!It's beautiful and soothing and you can invite family members. You get pics and a dvd if you want. I think I paid about 200, it was the middle package, so not bad. I plan on doing it for any future pregnancies. The ultrasound tech will keep trying too until you get a good face shot of your baby. It's amazing because you can really see what your child will look like! Good luck!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I didn't have it done because my doctor told me not to get any more ultrasounds than I absolutely needed. I had one at 20 weeks and that was it. I figured by the time you saw anything good, you'd see your baby soon anyway. It's also really expensive, and not all insurances cover it.
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had it done with my first and even though I liked the experience of it being able to see her ahead of time. I didn't get it done with this pregnancy, I just felt that it really wasn't worth it.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had a 3D one done with my DD when I was 8 months, it was to check the heart and what not, I LOVED it! Insurance did cover it though...
    SusieQue717

Answer by SusieQue717 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes I have had 3D ultrasounds.....I have had 2 so far with this pregnancy. I loved it got to see the face features and hands, feet!
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 2:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2010