Erections..

My son (3) contantly has an erection. He's always humping pillows or playing with his penis. Is this normal for such a baby? He has always been home with me. Left with only grandma as a sitter and has never seen any sexual acts as far as I know of.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think it is normal. My son doesnt hump things, but i always see him playing with himself. He gets mad at me too when i tell him to stop or i pull his hand out of his pants. I have two brothers and my mom said they did they same thing, boys will be boys, and i dont think they ever stop playing with themselves.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i think its normal.... i've heard about a few boys including my own son who does that. i guess its discovering themselves..
    Anonymous

• I have 2 sons and I had 2 brothers growing up. It's normal
    Anonymous

• Girls do those things too. Some say it's natural human behavior that sexual drives are ingrained into us from the time we are born.. weird I know, I can't think of my daughter or son like that.. sorta freaks me out. Thankfully they never did anything like that. I honestly wouldn't know what to do

CandBmommy

Answer by CandBmommy at 1:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yes it's normal. However, just teach him to be more discrete by saying "now isn't the time for that" and distract him with something else to do. And if he is really stubborn about it tell to do it in his room.
    All three of my boys had a fascination with their penis's. It feels good, I guess. They eventually grow out of it...or at least they do it out of sight. :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yeah it is normal, my older son has now learned to do it in the bathroom by himself or in his room. It just feels good to them.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 3:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It is perfectly normal, my son seems to get one every morning when he needs to go to the bathroom. It's just male nature. You shouldn't worry
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 4:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I would say normal. My 3 yr ols constantly has his hands in his pants. I try to tell him it has a self life but he don't get it. LOL..
    mommytam

Answer by mommytam at 7:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• my sons love to play with them selves. my one year old humps the floor. its a boy thing!
    2boysrus

Answer by 2boysrus at 10:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• After 3 girls I am finally having to deal with this in my 4 yr old son. The things he does! Like when "it is erect" he has to show me how his penis grows into " a tower"..All I can figure is boys are boys from day one, I have to, we all have to get used to it....Please forgive me but it does make me wonder what happens to boys when they act like this with the wrong person..like a pervert!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2008