husbands

if you are married did your husbands get up with your kids during the night? and how much did they really help? my husband never gets up with our kids...he gets up at 6am to go to work(he is a roofer) but when he is home he doesnt seem to help enuff to me. He will take the baby so I can make dinner and give our 4 year old a bath. But he doesnt do jack squat around the house like dishes, laundry, taking out the garbage setc. so then I am left doing all the housework as well. I have talked to him about these things and nothing changes.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 10:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• let me add that I love him husband with all my heart...and divorce is not an option at this point. I want to make this work..for us, God and our children.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I don't know what to say sorry my Dh has these moments sometimes also. Normally I just hop in the shower or I don't give him a choice I just hand him the baby and a diaper and walk off. I am learing to be patient b/c he doesn't do things I ask right when I ask him it may take him 5min to 10 min for him to do whatever the taks may be. I have to remind him of how much time has past then he does it.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My husband gets up at 5am every morning. I do all of the house work, but then again I like it a certain way. I do the laundry, again I like it a certain away. If I need some thing done he does do it when I do ask him. I get my break from the boys if I need it.
    justme581

Answer by justme581 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had a night colic baby. My husband used to get up and rock the baby back to sleep when I couldn't I did sometimes also. As far as chores around the house. My husband was never really into helping me clean the house and will not do dishes but he will do the laundry and he will do the grocery shopping. Good Luck wish I had advice for you.
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My DH is 100% my equal and helps around the house, the kids, the pets, everything. Sometimes I think he's a better babysitter and house cleaner than I am. I know he's a better cook.

My kids are slightly older and other than nudging them awake for school, we don't really need to do very much with them (they can clothe themselves, etc). I get up early anyway and my DH works long hours and I'm home most of the day so there's no reason he needs to get up for the 30 seconds it takes to wake them up and then try to go back to sleep.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:56 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• well atleast it sounds like I'm not the only one lol. I just wish he would help more because its rough on me. I get overwhelmed sometimes and its irritating when he gets to sleep all night, go out, or sit and play his stupid video games yah know lol. And I am going to be going back to work soon and then it's going to be even rougher....gotta learn better time management i guess.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Supermoms or picky moms can't really complain about the DH not helping if they don't really LET them or fuss about how things are done imho ;-) What else is the guy supposed to do if he's not allowed to help then he'll find other stuff to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• LOL! you have to add that you aren't looking for divorce, cause someone will suggest it! That's sad, huh? The kids are still young. When they are older, he will do more with them. Mine didn't either till they were more fun. A 4 year old can only do so much that a grown man thinks is fun. Unless your 4 year old likes to make things, if he's mechanically inclined, your hubby could get him involved with building something simple. That could be their bonding time. Get a simple kit, like to build a bird house or something, that just bolts together, and tell your hubby that he and your son are to do it together. Ha! I just realized you didn't say your 4 year old was a son, oops. If you have a 4 year old daughter, she may like it, too! Anywho, get him involved. But, he just isn't the type to do much with babies and young kids, mine either. He will do more when they are older.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well, you can always have a meltdown. I did. He didn't know what to do. I didn't do it on purpose, I was really overwhelmed, and out it came. He finally got it, that I needed more help. Sometimes men, and sometimes even women, just can't seem to give up things when babies come out. Like video games, sleeping late, going out, stuff like that. You need to have a serious talk with him before it does become more serious. Because when you go back to work, it's gonna get worse if you don't. Or, there will just be nothing clean but you and your babies butts!
    Going from having one kid to two is hard. After that, it's nothing. But for some reason, that is the big jump. The big adjustment. He's not getting that, and he's not willing, yet, to adjust. Light a fire. He will adjust.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Um hes a fricking roofer (do you realize how hard that job is?). Why should he have to come home and do dishes? That is your job.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2010