If Obama were white / caucasian and had gone to a church for 20 year that believed:

1. Commitment to the White Community

2. Commitment to the White Family

3. Adherence to the White Work Ethic

4. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community.

5. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions

6. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System

7. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.

Do you think he would be running for president?

Just change the word from white to black and you have the tenets of Obama's former church. .

I found this from:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/huntleybrown.asp

Written by a pianist (who happens to be black) who is NOT VOTING for OBAMA. Answer Question

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think its different. I'm white, its hard to explain but that's totally different and y ou can't compare the too.
    Anonymous

• What does it matter? You're not going to change anyone's votes by now.
    Anonymous

• Why does the white v black thing keep comming up, drop it already.
    Anonymous

• If a white candidate attended a church like that they would be very behind in the polls.
    Anonymous

• I don't care. Open your eyes, Black Americans still don't have it good in this country. Hell more often than not their adolescents are shooting each other bc no one (schools, parents, etc) took the damn time to educate them, and make them care. Do I think it's my responsibility to teach them things? No. I'm not their parents. If the church wants to put a lot of time, funds, and effort into bettering their race then so be it. If you are against it then you are no better than the slave traders and owners from way back when who figured it would best to keep them ignorant. /p>

CandBmommy

Answer by CandBmommy at 1:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yes, if they had stopped attending like Obama did with his church. Everyone deserves forgiveness.
    Anonymous

• First off, Rev Wright is about so much more than the "black-centric" views that have been skewered in the media. And the comparison you are making isn't valid. His views are based on the society in which he was raised which, sorry to say, was a negative place for blacks. He is trying to empower the blacks in his church, not in a violent way, but in a christian way. Granted, he has gotten carried away and missed the message on a few occations, but on the whole this man is a man of the cloth.
    The comparison you're trying to make would be like asking "What if Gov Palin were a man?" Would the Republican's have picked her if she were an aging gun-happy geezer from Alaska who at one point wanted to cede from America as a whole and who touted "family values" and then revealed that his own teenage un-wed daughter was knocked up?
    Anonymous

• I don't see why the two can't be compared. It's racist if it's a white church, with white people only thinking of the white family, community, etc., but if it's a black church it's ok. There's alot of people that "don't have it good" not just black people. I agree that this probably won't change anyone's mind now, but why didn't it concern people months and months ago? I have been asking myself the same exact question. The point is that if a white politician belonged to a church with those values he would NOT have made it this far. Oh, and I can stop attending the church that I've attended for 20 yrs. too, but that doesn't mean I stop believing.
    Anonymous

• There is no Christianity in Racism....whether it be from a white man or a black reverend!
    Anonymous

• There are predominately white churches out there that "get away" with these types of things. Take for instance how many catholic churches just hide the scandals their priests are involved in? And I'm pretty sure Mitt Romney caught a lot of flack for being a mormon. And then there was that whole Bush thing where he was such a "good christian" that we just had to elect him to office, and what kinds of things did his "spiritual advisors" advise him to do? Hmmm... lie to America so we could start a war, declare that he would get our "vengance" on the steps of the church outside of the 9-11 memorial service, I could go on......
    Anonymous