do you ever worry that your breastfed baby is getting enough???

This is first to successfully breastfeed, so I do a lot of reading on it... He is growing great n never fussy but he's not eating as much as they say

yummlicious

Asked by yummlicious at 11:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The only thing you look for in a BF baby is whether he wets at least 6 diapers. And he does gain some weight. Him acting more or less hungry than another means nothing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• That's a good question. I always wonder that. If I pump I never know exactly how much to have my husband give him, because I don't know how much he eats when he nurses. I guess as long as he seems content, he's prob fine.
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 11:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I don't, only for my baby is GROWING like a weed. He's obviously eating enough from me.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Contenment, wet diapers, sleeping well are the keys!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree with "bradenismyson" . as long as you have 6 wet diapers a day then your child should be fine, every child is different and has different eating habits...Gaining weight, no fussiness, and so on...Id say your child is fine...the books arn't always right because they are just speaking for the over all majority of babies not your baby as an individual. Hope that helped!
    xtatianax

Answer by xtatianax at 12:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No need to worry if you are changing 6-8 diapers in 24 hrs.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• As long as he is happy healthy and growing just keep doing what you are doing because it is working! It is hard to go wrong by following baby's lead. They are really good at getting what they need, and "telling" your body to make more milk by nursing more when they need more.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010