What do you think of people who use baking soda and apple cider vinegar to wash their hair?

Do you think it's smart...or gross?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I think they are wild and crazy!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• gross
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• never heard of it, whats it sposed to do?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have never heard of. But I guess i wouldn't do it, But I don't think it is gross.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I did that for 6 weeks, just to try it out and see what would happen. If you do it correctly, you do end up with clean hair, but it's time-consuming because you have to let it sit during both the baking soda and vinegar stages before the final rinse. Cost-wise, it really isn't any cheaper than a basic shampoo, but I suppose if you're allergic to sodium lauryl sulfate and need to use something sulfate-free, it could end up being a little bit cheaper to use baking soda and vinegar. One thing I did notice was that if I used any kind of hair products like gel or mousse, it made washing a LOT more challenging in terms of achieving really clean hair.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think they are on the right track to trying to find less costly and toxic alternatives to home and health care products. I'm not sure how well it works so I don't know if it is smart or not, but I don't think it is gross.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think they like to avoid chemicals and neurto toxins .
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I don't think anything, lol. To each their own...if it works for someone, great!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think they are trying to live a more environmentally responsible & sustainable life. It's not gross & it does give you clean hair.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Nothing really. I couldnt do it cause I hate the smell.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 11:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010