5 month old in bouncy

Okay, how often during the day do you let your baby play in a bouncer, if at all? What else do you do to entertain your 5 month old while you get some household stuff done?

FACMom

Asked by FACMom at 1:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 6 mth old but I used to put her on a blanket on the floor and give her some tummy time, even put her in the crib/playpen and throw toys in there, a swing, and even a walker (even if she doesnt touch the floor) I just rotated.
    Sunshine4u300

Answer by Sunshine4u300 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My twins loved their bouncy seat.I had a swing for each too and a bouncy seat for the door way , so they could bounce and swing..Also they had saucers to sit in and play.My girls hated tummy time and would scream and cry the whole time so, I had to rotate them to something new every 20 mins or so..Do what works for you and your little one..
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 2:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• At 5 months you should be able to put your baby down on the floor with toys to play. My baby loves this time exploring things for herself. She rolls and crawls so I have to keep an eye on her but she loves playing on the floor with her toys and then crawling around and usually getting into trouble! :) I have a bouncer that she likes fairly well if I sing to her while she's in it. She'll spend anywhere from 5-20 minutes in it. I guess I get most of the household things done while she's napping really.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 4:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2008