When you start your daily cleaning

which room do you start with?

I always start with my kitchen. like to get my dishes, bottles and everything done before I straighten up the the rest of the house. May sound weird but i cannot start my day out with a dirty kitchen. So what is yalls daily routine begin with

jbond83

Asked by jbond83 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I am exactly the same. I get all the dishes and cups that may be in other rooms and clean the dishes, sink, counters and fridge. Then I sweep the floor and go to the living room to the dining room. Then the bathroom and bedrooms and lastly hallway. THEN I mop all the floors. Same routine everyday. I agree with you I cant start my day with a dirty kitchen!
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• At the beginning of the month, I start with my room. At the end of them month, I start on the opposite side of the house. This keeps mostly everything balanced. I use the FlyLady program and try to stick to a routine, as well.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 3:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I usually start where the mood strikes which is usually unburying the island in my kitchen. It seems to be the catchall.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• making the beds. Its a great way to get me started, I like to have all the dishes and stuff done at night because I agree I hate starting the day with a dirty kitchen, if I dont get it done at night I will clean the kitchen right after beds, or I will empty the dishwasher if I started it the night before.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• shiii.... daily my arse lol

I do the kitchen and bathroom and if really needed I'll do some vacuuming as needed, but our house doesn't need daily care. Every few days is fine or on an "as needed" basis.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Living room...DH seems to think thats where all the cups that he uses are suposed to stay so i start there that way I have all of the dishes...then its off to the kitchen
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I start with straightening the bedrooms and changing sheets if they need it. I follow that up with breakfast dishes before heading out the door for work.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm more of a clean as you go kind of person. Meaning, I might pick something up and take it to its rightful place, realize there's something there that needs thrown away, take it to the kitchen, realize I haven't unloaded the dishwasher, which leads to.... Get the idea? I don't clean room by room but by the end of the morning the house is back in proper order.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well, I make the bed right after getting up, so technically I guess you could say that's first, but I don't really consider that to be cleaning. The first room I actually clean would be the kitchen, because the first thing I do every morning is make breakfast & pack lunch for DS, which makes a bit of a mess and I need to clean that up before getting to the rest of the house.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Laundry is usually my first attack of business at the start of the day. Kitchen is next.
    I dread cleaning the kitchen, especially since we don't have a dishwasher. Unless you consider me one. Ha!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2010