What should I mix liquid iron with?

My doctor suggested water or fruit juice but it still tastes nasty. IS there anything that disguises the taste?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Orange Juice is the best to take with Iron. Don't know about masking the taste though.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Maybe rum would cover the taste :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i agree with pp, the orange juice will help your child's body absorb the iron better but nothing will really hide the funky tast, i just squeezed in in the back of my dd's mouth as far as i could get it, she'd gad either way and that was a good way to keep it off her teeth too GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Are you drinking it because of low iron? If so, you could always try the Ensure nutritional drinks. That is what I always drink during my pregnancies for the iron.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I was kidding anyway..but I didnt notice this was in the pregnancy section. Drinking yucky stuff is awful all the time but worse when pegnant. I hope you find something that works!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2010