Are you thrifty?

What are your favorite tips and ways to save money?

WomanWitty

Asked by WomanWitty at 11:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Don't buy anything disposable. The only thing in the house that we use once and dispose of is toilet paper.

If you can't afford a high-quality new item, buy a good used high-quality item instead of a new, cheap item.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:36 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• better than I used to be. I used to be pretty impulsive. Best thing I can advise is to divide things up into "needs" and "wants". Needs come first and wants come if you can afford it and shouldn't be too often. Always set a small amount of cash aside each pay period for emergencies (like car repairs, school stuff, etc) that aren't a normal part of the budget.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have plenty.  I just started writing frugal living tips online.  You can read them here.  I'm currently adding two new tips per week.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I've become thriftier as I realize I need to purge my home of accumulated stuff. I'm focusing on a simpler, healther life and home and it's making a difference.
    nancyc1010

Answer by nancyc1010 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010