Can I save my marriage? adult content

Let me start this off by saying that I am only 19. My husband is 20. We have been together since we were 13. I got pregnant after my senior year and we got married a few months later (we were engaged before I ever got pregnant and no, it was not a planned pregnancy). I hope this is appropriate...We used to have a great sex life. I mean come on, we are still very young! When I was about 5 months pregnant he refused to have sex with me because it was "weird." I understood where he was coming from. But now, we still only have sex maybe once every 2 or 3 months. This is not okay with me. I am starving for his attention. I have told him this many times and all he has to say is, "I just don't have a sex drive anymore. I am stressed." I feel like we have no physical connection anymore and I think that is important in a marriage. I don't know what to do anymore. The more I talk to him about it the more angry he gets. It is embarassing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• There may be way more to a marriage than sex, but once every 2-3 months is a stretch. If you are saying you're starved for some physical interaction, and he just won't do it, there's some underlying issue he needs to talk about with you. Try to address it in a calm and non-accusing manner and see what he tells you. Throw out ideas on how to rekindle things for you both and see if he's up to making an effort.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• he maybe stressed about the responibility of the new baby. have a sit down heart to heart about how you feel.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• There is WAY more to a marriage than sex dear. If your not getting alot of it is by no means an indicator that the marriage is unhappy. Kids DO tend to ruin your sex life, and yes, even your marriage or relationship. You need to find a happy middle ground. Seek counseling or talk to other married couples with kids a little older than you to see what they did to get past the married and had a kid to young stage. Your not alone.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Being young, and being a new father I imagine that does put a lot of stress and pressure on him. I do think that both of you should sit down talk it out and really listen to what the other has to say. Tell him how you feel. Try to come up with some compromises or ways to 'reconnect'. I would stop pressuring him for sex- and try little touches- like holding hands, a quick kiss or hug as you pass each other in the hallway, snuggling on the sofa while watching tv.... maybe once the pressure is off he will be more willing to have sex. Other ways to reconnect- make it a point to seek each other out every day and talk, have date nights...
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010