Isn't it nice to see peacful demonstrators?

This weekend, I passed several corners in my town with people holding up signs to vote one way or another on an issue. Sometimes people with opposite opinions were on the same corner. And as I sat at the light and watched them, they were TALKING to each other. Smiling and nodding. They weren't getting into shouting matches or fist fights. I saw this happen several times.
I't nice to see people stating their opinion without getting ugly. And it's nice to live in a country where you are not only allowed but encouraged to do so.

Did you see any peaceful "vote my way" people over the weekend?

kaycee14

Asked by kaycee14 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I actually haven't seen anyone demonstrating anything in my town : / Maybe I just don't live in a very political area. I mean, people have signs in their yards and stickers on their cars, but I haven't seen anyone physically showing who they want to vote for.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• that's great!

the people with signs here kinda have a contest to see who can get the most cars to honk their horns LOL it's kinda silly but I guess it passes the time while standing on the corner
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• No, I live in a small town. But I would be glad to see that. I live in OR with alot of hippies and you sometimes see people on the side of the highway holding signs like peace or better and that always makes me smile and i honk.
    A couple of weeks ago there was a teenager that had a sign that said "honk if your hot" my nephew was driving and honked, the guy flipped the sign over and said "liar" I thought it was funny.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• The Yes on Prop 8 supporters in our area have been very respectful. Some on the opposing side have tagged my church and defaced signs. It is getting ugly.
    Anonymous

• I haven't seen any demonstrators, just signs. I imagine there are many, many peaceful demonstrations. They're just not newsworthy. It's a shame.
    Anonymous

• Yes for 8 held a rally at our city hall. However, many of the yes for 8 signs are being stolen, torn, and tagged on.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2008