If something were to happen to you...

Would your DH know how how to take care of things? Like pay the bills, take care of the kids, pets etc?

I do not think my DH would have a CLUE! and that is kind of scary!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 11:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I actually debated writing a book for when mom is sick or away! Because NO, he COULD NOT handle it.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• He wouldnt know what to do with our son...i couldnt even tell you the last time he got him his dinner, gave him a bath or even changed a diaper...let alone starting potty training without me lol...Other then that i know the bills should get paid but he is not all that great with them...he tends to forget about at least one of them untill they start calling him non stop....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Mine would actually. We don't have kids yet, so I don't know how to answer that, but I know he's going to make a great father, so I'm not worried! He's actually the one that writes the checks for most of the bills..this carried over from when we first moved in together, but hadn't combined finances. However, I would need to show him how to pay the mortgage and cell phone, because that's done online, and he has yet to learn the password!

But yeah...he could do it!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 12:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• The kids would be fine. Bill.. not so. I pay all of our bills on line and even though I have offered to show him, he is not interested. If something happened to me, he would have to wait until late notices started coming in and find the check book to start paying bills.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• He would know how to take care of himself including paying bills.....but i honestly dont think he would be able to take care of our 2 year old by himself....
    KME3

Answer by KME3 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• He would be a mess. If I died, I mean. But, being sick? He can do it. Paying bills? IDK. He checks the mail, so I think he could, I have faith. Our kids are older, so they can tell him what they need, what they need to get ready for school and stuff.
    I had surgery yesterday, and he got them ready for school today. I had to get up to do my son's hair, cause hubby can't do the mohawk, but he did all the rest. We have been married almost 15 years though, and our youngest is almost 9. I'd hope he could take care of everything! Though, after too long, he'd lose his mind!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Memigen that is actually a great idea!!! I was thinking about this recently when I was sick and stuck in bed. I still had to give verbal instructions to everyone in the house for the first day while trying to get better. DH can do everything except make full decisions about the children. I mean he is afraid he might allow too much or too little so I had to finally say, "Do what ever you feel is comfortable to you. If the kids get a shocked look on their face when you say yes to something then you know I have never said yes, and you are allowed to retract your previous answer because always remember you are 'THE DAD'! They will listen to you and follow your requests!" It went great after that and the kids and he got along quite well...and there were really no disruptions. The only big issue was DH can't cook so they were living on hot-dogs, sandwiches, and cereal for 3 days...LOL

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes, he would. For the last year-and-a-half, my husband was staying home with our daughter, paying the bills, etc. while I worked full-time.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yup! And I would have to come back and haunt him as hed prolly do a better job than I do !!!
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010