When to have a life?

My son is 5 months old and i'm a stay at home mommy.I love my son to death but i have no social life what so ever.what is there to do with a 5 month old?i love being a stay at ome mommy but at times it gets boring and gets old but what is there to do?

joshuasmommy609

Asked by joshuasmommy609 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Entertainment

• Do you have a parents as taechers in your area? They have play grups where I am from for patents/kids up to a year old. That gives you and your child something to do togeher plus meet other moms
    Anonymous

• I went thru the same thing with my son so what i did was just to get out I started going to the mall or out to eat with his god mother and it made such a big difference cause it seemed like it was something both of us needed even though he was just a baby it was like he needed to get out as well. Now that he's 2 he never wants to be home he always wants to go bye bye. So i say do baby steps even if it's going to visit a friend or a walk around the mall.
    Nic23

Answer by Nic23 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i'm not sure yet if there is an group play things for both mom and baby.i'm trying to figure out how to find that out on here
    joshuasmommy609

Answer by joshuasmommy609 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Check with local schools about parents as teachers.They should be able to help
    Anonymous

• Join a local Moms group (MOPS.org if you don't mind Christian) so you can make friends with other mothers of preschoolers. You'll go stir crazy by yourself with a 5 month old. You are a mommy but you still need friends. You and other moms will socialize while playing with and taking care of your children for years to come. MOPS has free childcare. Usually, it is a brief lecture and discussion about mommy topics and then you do a craft from start to finish before you leave. I coordinated such a group and I wouldn't have know what to do with my work skills and need for friendship had it not been for MOPS. Enjoy mommyhood!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2008